December 02, 2007

Galliani: We're keeping Kaka

Adriano Galliani has “guaranteed” Kaka will remain at Milan after becoming the sixth player from the club to win the Ballon d’Or.

“It is a fantastic story,” grinned the Vice-President. “We have had Gianni Rivera, Ruud Gullit, Marco van Basten won it three times, George Weah, Andriy Shevchenko and now Kaka. I thank him and his family.”

The Brazilian has been the subject of world record shattering transfer bids from Real Madrid and Chelsea, the Spaniards alleged to have offered £80m.

“He will remain at Milan. I can guarantee it,” assured Galliani.

Kaka’s family was in attendance at the ‘France Football’ ceremony in Paris, including younger brother Digao, who also plays for Milan.

“It is very exciting being here. To see my brother receive this trophy and know he is the Number One makes me very proud,” said the defender.

Digao gave Ricky his football nickname, as when he was young he was unable to pronounce Ricardo and could only say ‘Kaka.’

“He makes so many sacrifices and works extremely hard. He really deserves it. Clearly, I want to win one as well now!”

Kaka’s mother Cristina was in Paris beaming with pride. “It is a great moment of achievement. Since he was a little boy I have seen our son work hard. I thank God and Kaka, because he is fantastic.”

This week Kaka confirmed to the media that he was trying to have a child with wife Caroline.

“It is a great honour to be Kaka’s wife at a ceremony like this,” she said. “I know how important this trophy is for my husband. Above all, we thank God.”

No comments: