July 28, 2008

Ronaldinho: I'm reborn with AC Milan

Ronaldinho is fired up for the Olympics with new teammate Alexandre Pato and assures “I am reborn with Milan.”

The former Barcelona star has been out of action for several months with injury and let his weight go during the protracted transfer saga of the summer.

“I am becoming reborn with Milan,” he grinned in the Gazzetta dello Sport from Brazil’s Olympic training camp in Singapore.

“I am improving day by day. I thank Carlo Ancelotti and the club for having authorised me to come to the Olympics, as it will be an excellent way of preparing for the Italian season.”

Dinho had been denied the right to participate in the Games by Barca, but the Rossoneri agreed to release him when he completed the £18m move.

It will be an opportunity to regain fitness levels and get to know new club teammate Pato.

“I am working hard, following a personal fitness programme with a specific diet and I think I’m close to 100 per cent now,” continued the 28-year-old.

“On August 7, when we make our Olympic debut, I will be in ideal shape.

“Brazil might want me to play as a striker next to Pato, which is absolutely no problem for me, as I have already played in that role.

“If Ancelotti asks me to play there too, I am ready. Whether it is midfield or attack, I will give my all.”

No comments: