July 22, 2008

Pato: With Ronaldinho we can win it all

Alexandre Pato trusts with Ronaldinho by his side he can win the Olympics, Scudetto and UEFA Cup.

The Milan starlet will be in Beijing with his new club teammate next month for Brazil’s Olympic squad and believes it’ll be the start of a beautiful partnership.

“With this team, we can win it all. Kaka and Ronaldinho are both very important for Milan, but they play different roles,” he told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

“Ronaldinho tends to spread out wide more and if Kaka does too, then they’ll both give me the ball in the centre to score. Easy, eh?”

The Selecao trio has sparked a wave of enthusiasm with more than 10,000 season tickets sold since Dinho’s £18m move from Barcelona was confirmed.

“I am ready to train up as a centre-forward. If Carlo Ancelotti sees me in this role, then that is not a problem for me,” continued Pato.

“I am young and want to learn many things, the secrets of the sport. I scored nine goals in half a Serie A season, but I know I can do more. Much more.”

It will be his first full campaign with the Rossoneri, as due to age restrictions he could not sign the contract until he had turned 18.

“The most difficult thing to face was tactical, as in Brazil I was accustomed to running forward and waiting for the long ball from a teammate.

“Ancelotti asked for a different movement, as I have to go towards the ball and then run into space. It took me a while, but I’ve got it now.

“I am happy the way my first Italian season went, but Milan were unable to qualify for the Champions League and that made me very angry. Now I want to help my team get back into the competition.”

Now Pato will have the support of Kaka and Ronaldinho, he pledges to bring a Selecao sensation to San Siro.

“I haven’t changed, but I have grown up and learned what it means to play football in Italy. I can guarantee I’ll improve. You haven’t seen the real Pato yet.”

No comments: